With the rise of industries and the corporate world many times we encounter with the phase where we need to give resignation to the current firm or organization. The reasons for resignation depend upon various factors and it may vary from individual to individual.
But well-drafted resignation letters are need of the corporate employees, as it will help them to express their resignation in polite and appropriate manner.
Are you looking to write a resignation letter but don’t quite know the tone? The format? We can quite understand the stress of having to write a resignation letter. Whether it’s to quit your job because of low compensation or the fact that your job environment may not be what you want, we’ve got you covered.
In this article, you’re going to find all the different types of resignation letters, with links and examples. Get ideas of what information you should use in your letter – and the stuff that you’re supposed to leave out.
As there can be many reasons for resignation the type of resignation letters can also vary like basic and formal letters, two-week notice resignation letters, no notice, short notice, personal reasons, new job, and retirement etc. We will discuss each various type of resignation letters in detail and will see the sample of each one.
Best Examples and Types of Resignation Letters
- Basic Resignation Letters Templates:
This is the basic type of resignation letter which employee can use to convey to his employer that he is leaving. A letter that is brief and to the point. The best way to clearly inform and notify your superior that you are leaving.
- Simple Resignation Letters Examples: – This is the type of resignation letter can be used when the employee wants to inform formally to his employer, this letter can be simple, brief and to the point.
- Two Weeks Notice resignation Letter Templates: – This type of letter can be used when an employee wants to make employer to the two-week notice of his/her resignation.
- New Employment Resignation Letter Templates:
These are to notify your employer that you will no longer be working with them because you have found a new job. You can add your reasons to accept the new job in this. Perhaps it is better paying or gives you a promotion of some sort.
- Personal Reasons Resignation Letter Samples:
Sometimes one needs to quit because of personal matters. Be this the feud with a colleague or a family reason, this is the best type to use if your reason for taking such a huge step is personal.
- Email Resignation Letter Examples:
Now, this isn’t really the preferred way to go when giving a resignation, but it can still be used to inform colleagues and clients that you are no longer willing to work.
- Formal Resignation Letter Templates:
A format to formally inform your employer that you will no longer be working. It is professional, with a good tone that will formally convey your message.
- Heartfelt Resignation Letter Templates:
This type of letter usually suffices as a thank you, for all the opportunities served by the employer. It appreciates the time spent working with them and as such.
- Independent Contractor Resignation Letters:
This is a letter that can be sent via mail or attached to the email. Easy and to the point to get your message through.
- Letter of Resignation – Relocation:
This letter is to the point, short, and mentions relocation of the employee. This type of resignation letter used by the employees to bring into notice of the employer that you are resigning, the main reason for the resignation, in this case, would be the relocation of the employee.
- Letter of Resignation – Career Change:
This letter is a way to notify the superior that the employee will no longer be working as they wish to change their career path. This type of resignation letter can be used when an employee wants to resign from the present organization because of the career change.
- Resignation Letter Example – Changes at Company:
This letter notifies the employer that you reason to leave is that certain changes at the company that does not suit you.
- Short Notice Resignation Letter Templates:
This letter works best when you have to leave on short notice and when you don’t have much time to explain all the reasons. Although it is considered unprofessional to completely disregard the two weeks notice, it can work.
- Resignation letter for Returning to School:
This letter conveys the message to the superior that you are only leaving this job to return to complete your education.
- Nurse Resignation Letter Example:
This letter format is specifically for Nurses who want to quit their job.
- Teacher Resignation Letter Examples:
This format is specifically for teachers who want to quit their job.
- Temporary job Resignation Letter Example:
This can be used to convey that you will not be completing a certain task or assignment or that you want to quit from a temporary job, perhaps like an internship.
- Board Resignation letter Templates:
This letter is specifically designed to resign from a board.
- Maternity Leave Resignation Letters – This is a type of resignation letter can be used by female employees to give temporary or permanent resignation because of maternity.
- Professional Resignation letters Templates – This type of resignation letter can be used when employee wish to provide his resignation notice formally.
- Thank You Resignation Letters Templates– This type of resignation letter can be used conveying his resignation as well thanking the employer and request him to keep in touch.
- Resignation Letters for some Reasons – This type of resignation letter can be used when an employee wants to resign the organization due to some reasons as well wish to thanks the organization.
- Retirement Resignation Letter Example – This type of resignation can be used when you want to announce your retirement from the organization.
- Effective Immediately Resignation Letters Samples – This type of resignation letters can be used when an employee wants to resign immediately.
- No Notice Resignation Letters Example – This type of resignation letter can be used when an employee doesn’t want to give a two-week notice to the employer.
- Resignation Letters with Regret – This type of resignation letter can be used when you want to express your regret too while resigning.
- Volunteer Resignation Letters – This type of resignation letter can be used for the volunteer position.
- Funny Resignation Letters – This is the funny type of resignation letter which can be used by the employee when he wishes to take resignation and want to inform his resignation to the employer in a funny way.
- Rude Resignation Letters – This is the rude type of resignation letter which no one wishes to send to his/her employer, but we will discuss this type of resignation letter too.
- Farewell Letter Goodbye – This type of resignation letter if to tell everyone that you are giving farewell party because you are resigning.
Above we have seen various types of resignation letters and now we will discuss each type of resignation and will see its format and examples.
Other Similar Letters
- Farewell Letter Examples: These letters you can send to your co-workers or retiring colleagues.
- Retirement Letters: These are usually sent to the employer to remind them of your pending retirement.
Resignation Letter Formats and Templates
- Resignation Letter Format: This format will give you the final outlook of what your resignation should look like.
- Resignation Letter template: This template will give you an idea of what your letter should include.
- Retirement Letter Template: This will give you an idea of what your retirement letter should include.
- Farewell Letter template: This will give you an idea of what a Farewell Letter to a retiring colleague or co-worker should include.